- Doctorate | UC
- Health Science
- Master of Science | SC
- Bachelor of Science | SC
- Security Management
- Summa cum laude
- Presidential Honors for GPA
- Deans Honor Roll (multis temporibus)
- Undergraduate Certificate – Operational Leadership | SC
- Undergraduate Certificate – Homeland Security | SC
- Professional Certificate – Active Shooter Workshop / Trainer | DHS
- Continued Ed Certificate – Agile Leadership | UMD
- Continued Ed Certificate – Qualitative Research Methods | MIT
- Continued Ed Certificate – Foundations in Hypnotherapy | HMI
Add. College Courses / MOOC’s / Non-Cert Areas of Study
- Health and Wellness
- Lifestyle Medicine | Doane Univ.
- Lifestyle Medicine Treatments of Chronic Disease | Doane Univ.
- Disease Prevention and Management | Doane Univ.
- Viruses & How to Beat Them | Tel Aviv Univ.
- Human Microbiome | Wageningen
- Intro to Urology | Karolinska Institutet
- Autophagy: Roles in Health and Disease | Tokyo Tech
- Healthcare & Administration
- Strategic Leadership in Healthcare | Doane
- Organizational Culture and Change in Healthcare | Doane
- Healthcare Organization and Delivery Models | Doane
- Health Informatics and Technology in Decision Making | Doane
- Vulnerable Populations | Doane
- Other Areas of Study
- Leadership and Influence | UMD
- Resilient Leadership | Harvard Business
- Terrorism and Counter-terrorism | Georgetown
- Business Strategy & Competitive Advantage | Wharton
- Entrepreneurship | MIT
- Major Capital Markets | NYIF
Heutagogical areas of study include: General Health & Wellness, Supplementation, Andrology, History, Economics, Government/Politics, Biology, Microbiology & Theology.
Why Leadership Studies? The discipline of leadership involves a wide range of topics, including leadership theories, practical applications, strategic forecasting and decision-making, research methods, motivation techniques, change models, negotiating, facilitation, bias evaluation and control, mindfulness, emotional intelligence, human mind heuristics, organizational structure, psychology, business, international business and global trends, qualitative and quantitative analysis, influence, and behavior evaluation. It is a highly challenging field that requires a strong foundation to delve into its advanced topics. For me, leadership is not only a passion but also serves as a strong foundation for my other disciplines.
Why Health Science Studies? Health has been a passion of mine since 1999 when I suffered from appendicitis and subsequent chronic health issues that doctors were unable to treat. Initially, I considered becoming a medical doctor, but I realized that many in the field focus more on managing symptoms and acute illness rather than promoting true healing. Instead, I chose to study health science, which involves examining all aspects of health, disease, and healthcare. As a health science professional, also known as a “health detective,” I felt that I could do more good by discovering root causes and helping the many who suffer from chronic conditions. My advanced education has focused on topics such as physical activity epidemiology, disease prevention, exercise prescription, health fitness psychology with a cognitive-behavioral orientation, alternative health solutions, applied nutrition and supplementation, general sports medicine, and fitness training and coaching.
Why Education? I believe that knowledge is only valuable if it can be shared, so I made sure to include a focus on knowledge distribution in my education. My studies included an emphasis on educational strategy, research methods, curriculum design, program development and analysis, education approaches and evaluations, and educational procedures. This has allowed me to develop the skills necessary to share my knowledge with others more effectively.
Why Security Studies? Given the various threats facing society today, such as terrorism, pandemics, civil unrest, crime, and even the possibility of global war, it is important to understand potential adversaries and the measures that can be taken to counter them. To that end, I focused my security education on Homeland Security, Emergency Planning, Information Security, the motivations and tactics of terrorists and other adversaries, the legal aspects of security, loss and crime prevention, and general and physical security. This knowledge is also relevant to my background in health science and leadership, as emergency planning often includes public health emergency responses and leading initiatives to mitigate various issues. Overall, I believe that understanding security is essential for living a safe and secure life in today’s world.
Words to live by: Chan eil thu tuilleach ‘s sean airson ionnsachadh fhathast.